Call for visiting researchers
Ghent University, host of the Governance in Conflict Network, is now welcoming applications for visiting PhD and postdoctoral researchers of the international GIC partners to join us for a short term research stay (1 to 3 months) in fall 2019.
We particularly encourage female researchers and researchers from the Global South to apply.
- Full access to Ghent University facilities, and working space within the offices of one of Ghent University’s network members
- Travel to and from Belgium will be covered by us
- Housing in Ghent will be provided through University facilities OR private housing costs will be subsidized.*
- A monthly stipend of max euro 1400/month will be provided to researchers without financial support from their home institution
What we expect from you during the research stay:
- Prepare a publication of a peer reviewed journal article or book chapter in collaboration with a Ghent University partners
- OR, preparation of a joint research proposal with one or more Ghent University partners
Please note that your research should be linked to one of the following UGent network partners who will act as your promoter.
- Koen Vlassenroot – Political and Social Sciences –CRG
- Bert Suykens – Political and Social Sciences –CRG
- Sami Zemni – Political and Social Sciences –MENARG
- Jan Orbie – Political and Social Sciences – CEUS
- Eva Brems – Faculty of Law – Human Rights Centre
- Tom Vander Beken – Faculty of Law – IRCP
- Glenn Rayp – Economics and Business Administration – SHERPA
- Eric Vanhaute – Arts and Humanities – History –CCC
- Marijke D’Haese - Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
- Ilse Derluyn – Psychology and Educational Sciences – CCVS
- Felicitas Becker – Arts and Humanities – History –CCC
How to apply?
Who can apply?
We only accept applications from researchers affiliated with our international GIC partners.
- Birzeit University – Center for Development Studies, Palestine
- Catholic University Leuven –L’Institut d’analyse du changement dans l’histoire et les sociétés contemporaines (IACCHOS), Belgium
- Dhaka University –Department of Political Science, Bangladesh
- Gulu University – Institute of Peace and Strategic Studies, Uganda
- Institut supérieur pédagogique de Bukavu – Centre d'études sur le tiers monde, DRC
- London School of Economics (LSE) – International Development, UK 7.Netherlands-Flemish Institute Cairo – Arabic and Islamic Studies, Egypt
- Pontificia Universidad Catlolica del Peru – Social Science, Peru
- Social Science Research Council – Conflict Prevention and Peace Forum, USA
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) – Dept. of Urban and Rural Development, Sweden
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres – Postgrado en Ciencias del Desarrollo (CIDES), Bolivia
- Université de Kinshasa – Centre d’Etudes Politiques, DRC
- Université Saint-Louis Bruxelles – CReSPo (Research Centre for Politics), Belgium
- University of Copenhagen – Department of Food and Resource Economics, Denmark
- University of Melbourne – School of Social and Political Sciences, Australia
- University of Mohammed V – Faculty of arts and Humans Sciences, Sociology, Morocco
- University of the Philippines – Third World Studies Center, The Philippines
- University of Zurich – Department of Geography, Switzerland
* If University accommodation is not available it is the applicants responsibility to find housing on the private market, the costs which will be covered by GIC.